Saturday, April 4, 2009

snow in Spring super sucks


This picture was taken earlier this morning. Just two weeks ago I was lounging in that snow covered chair admiring the garden box that my james built and planning for the plants I am suppose to be planting today. Oh and I even got a bit of a sun burn that day, too. Today, however, I'd only get frost bite if I sat in that thing!

I'm not one to complain too much about the snow (comparatively speaking, mind you--it seems like everyone I run into is grumpy about this weather--more so than the economy) because I know we desperately need the water, but now I'm getting a bit annoyed. I feel a bit stir crazy, which is weird for me because I can usually spend days in my house and not even notice it has in fact been days. I can usually keep myself plenty busy with sewing, knitting, baking, soap making, reading, the usual household chores, even treadmilling, but today I want OUT! I want to actually clean out my flower beds and mix soil for my garden. Usually I just like to do the fun stuff--plant flowers, enjoy the pond, BBQ, etc. I'd even mow the lawn or weed if it were possible. The only thing I can do outside today is shovel snow. Blah. I refuse to. I took this picture instead. So that when it's so hot outside and we're trapped indoors just to stay cool, I'll have something to remind me of the day I was actually complaining when I probably should have been thankful for that freezing, fluffy stuff.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

i'd trade my spring sunshine for your snow in a heart-beat :)

Raelynn said...

i hear ya becca. i'm tired of the snow too. but, i agree that when the sun is scorching down, i'll be pining for the white fluffy stuff. it's a vicious cycle really. :)

Joel said...

You may have heard me say it before... but I think this is all Al Gore's fault. God's creation is out to prove him wrong!

Yeah... I'm ready to see some green and hear some birds sing their songs.