Just saw this and loooove eet! How many times do we want to say this to a friend or even wish our friends would stop coddling and say this to us?? Dolly, as annoying as your endless chippery is (and as fake are your boobs are for that matter), your cheerful spirit does seem genuine and it's contagious and I can't help but like you.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Insert dramatic sigh here. Lots of little things going on in these parts and in my brain... I saw a "bullet post" on another blog and thought, "Brilliant!" This is how I think anyway-- in random bullet points. Why not blog that way? James (affectionately and usually patiently) calls my random, blurted-out points "squirrels" (a reference to Dug in the movie Up). Here we go...
- Veggies now growing in the square foot garden. What would I do without that method? Not garden. Peas, onions, carrots, lettuce, strawberries (which need to be moved - add to the to-do list), pickling cucs, cilantro, tomatoes, basil, eggplant, and crook necked squash. Now just a little patience and warm weather please.
- Requested dishcloth knitting in the works for my dear grandpa. Man he loves those things! I believe he's the biggest fan of the knitted dishcloth and should get a prize.
- We've been growing our own sprouts for sandwiches. Well actually I've been growing them, james has been eating them. Way less cost and way less waste.
- Hey what's up with that kid in my neighborhood and his whistle?? Ever since we've lived in dear Copperton, at least a few times a week we can hear him blowing that whistle up and down the street.
- Sebastian has a new name to add to his list. "The Bastian". Affectionately called by two of the cutest little girls I know (his other names being "Little Dog" "Little D" "D" "D Dog" "Sea Biscuit" and "Warden").
- The pond has been redesigned, yet again. I believe this will make it the 4th edition. I'm thinking it's going to be a yearly thing and have yet come to terms with the idea that everything I try to plant around the pond will be moved at least once, sometimes twice, a year. Poor plants. Uprooted and relocated. Sorry little friends but somethings I just can't control.
- I may need to start a book of james quotes. Yes, some people can write books about their quotable kids. I have a quotable james. The latest being, "I'm not perfect. I'm just awesome." I would have to agree.
- New camera severely desired. I have put one on my Christmas and birthday list, yes, in June.
- The urge for sewing...ravenous. Actual sewing... non-existent.
- Trip to grandma's with my mom to quilt, in the works.
- Needing a vacation is about at an 9. Planning stages are at a sad 0.
- 4.0 - the GPA James is still holding. Yes, he is amazing.
- Learning that I thrive in routine, but forcing myself to change it up, is doing me good.
- Birds we've seen in our backyard already this year: azuli buntings, red winged blackbirds, western tanagers, black headed grosbeak, and of course the ever loved commoners... robins, starlings, doves, hummingbirds, and house finches.
- We're wondering what the owls have been up to. I'm guessing vacation.
- Craving new music! Suggestions are welcome.
- Speaking of music...Lee Dewyze, I heart you and you made me cry - several times.
- Crystal Bowersox you are a gem and I know you will go far. Plus, your hair is awesome and I wish we were friends.
- Bat house in the planning stages.
- Traded our giant, intrusive t.v. for a truck camper. Actually we gave the t.v. to james' brother in trade for full custody of impulsive, $100 (split between us and him), KSL purchase. More on that later...dum dum da dum
- Loving the food co-op we joined and looking forward to the farmer's market share this month.
- Sugar cravings have reached their all time high. I may need to seek professional help.
- I seriously loath cooking lately. Just sick of it. That and doing dishes. However this may get me out of the rut. (thanks Hope!)
- Would like to go on a de-clutter rampage. Seriously, it's getting bad. (Hope, i'm not stalking you, trying to copy all your good idea, okay? just sayin'!)
- Loving my newly potted up succulents!
- My morning ambitions far outweigh my actual energy levels.
- Pondering a gym membership.
- Loving this quote..."A clean house is a sign of a life wasted." (I have no idea who to give credit to...sorry whoever you are!)
- Been dreaming a lot about rescuing children from precarious situations. Dream interpreters, you know who you are, email me.
- Must craft something to obtain backyard shade. Our tree is not growing fast enough and our lovely new umbrella is not yet portable. I'm thinking I'll try this.
- At the current rate, my 30 days of beauty photo challenge will be done by fall.
- Wishing one of my hobbies was running.
- Just realized these bullets are the equivalent to tweets. No, I don't twitter.