Wednesday, June 2, 2010

squirrels

Insert dramatic sigh here. Lots of little things going on in these parts and in my brain... I saw a "bullet post" on another blog and thought, "Brilliant!" This is how I think anyway-- in random bullet points. Why not blog that way? James (affectionately and usually patiently) calls my random, blurted-out points "squirrels" (a reference to Dug in the movie Up). Here we go...

  • Veggies now growing in the square foot garden. What would I do without that method? Not garden. Peas, onions, carrots, lettuce, strawberries (which need to be moved - add to the to-do list), pickling cucs, cilantro, tomatoes, basil, eggplant, and crook necked squash. Now just a little patience and warm weather please.
  • Requested dishcloth knitting in the works for my dear grandpa. Man he loves those things! I believe he's the biggest fan of the knitted dishcloth and should get a prize.
  • We've been growing our own sprouts for sandwiches. Well actually I've been growing them, james has been eating them. Way less cost and way less waste.
  • Hey what's up with that kid in my neighborhood and his whistle?? Ever since we've lived in dear Copperton, at least a few times a week we can hear him blowing that whistle up and down the street.
  • Sebastian has a new name to add to his list. "The Bastian". Affectionately called by two of the cutest little girls I know (his other names being "Little Dog" "Little D" "D" "D Dog" "Sea Biscuit" and "Warden").
  • The pond has been redesigned, yet again. I believe this will make it the 4th edition. I'm thinking it's going to be a yearly thing and have yet come to terms with the idea that everything I try to plant around the pond will be moved at least once, sometimes twice, a year. Poor plants. Uprooted and relocated. Sorry little friends but somethings I just can't control.
  • I may need to start a book of james quotes. Yes, some people can write books about their quotable kids. I have a quotable james. The latest being, "I'm not perfect. I'm just awesome." I would have to agree.
  • New camera severely desired. I have put one on my Christmas and birthday list, yes, in June.
  • The urge for sewing...ravenous. Actual sewing... non-existent.
  • Trip to grandma's with my mom to quilt, in the works.
  • Needing a vacation is about at an 9. Planning stages are at a sad 0.
  • 4.0 - the GPA James is still holding. Yes, he is amazing.
  • Learning that I thrive in routine, but forcing myself to change it up, is doing me good.
  • Birds we've seen in our backyard already this year: azuli buntings, red winged blackbirds, western tanagers, black headed grosbeak, and of course the ever loved commoners... robins, starlings, doves, hummingbirds, and house finches.
  • We're wondering what the owls have been up to. I'm guessing vacation.
  • Craving new music! Suggestions are welcome.
  • Speaking of music...Lee Dewyze, I heart you and you made me cry - several times.
  • Crystal Bowersox you are a gem and I know you will go far. Plus, your hair is awesome and I wish we were friends.
  • Bat house in the planning stages.
  • Traded our giant, intrusive t.v. for a truck camper. Actually we gave the t.v. to james' brother in trade for full custody of impulsive, $100 (split between us and him), KSL purchase. More on that later...dum dum da dum
  • Loving the food co-op we joined and looking forward to the farmer's market share this month.
  • Sugar cravings have reached their all time high. I may need to seek professional help.
  • I seriously loath cooking lately. Just sick of it. That and doing dishes. However this may get me out of the rut. (thanks Hope!)
  • Would like to go on a de-clutter rampage. Seriously, it's getting bad. (Hope, i'm not stalking you, trying to copy all your good idea, okay? just sayin'!)
  • Loving my newly potted up succulents!
  • My morning ambitions far outweigh my actual energy levels.
  • Pondering a gym membership.
  • Loving this quote..."A clean house is a sign of a life wasted." (I have no idea who to give credit to...sorry whoever you are!)
  • Been dreaming a lot about rescuing children from precarious situations. Dream interpreters, you know who you are, email me.
  • Must craft something to obtain backyard shade. Our tree is not growing fast enough and our lovely new umbrella is not yet portable. I'm thinking I'll try this.
  • At the current rate, my 30 days of beauty photo challenge will be done by fall.
  • Wishing one of my hobbies was running.
  • Just realized these bullets are the equivalent to tweets. No, I don't twitter.

1 comment:

Joel said...

You should tweet on Twitter though! (It's much better than bookface)