Thursday, July 9, 2009

on the heavier side of things...

I just watched a clip from last night's So You Think You Can Dance and am a mess. Mia Michaels, the brilliant woman she is, choreographed a dance that mirrors the battle of addiction. For those of you who have experienced the environment of addiction, whether it a drug, a person, a lifestyle - I'm certain you will agree the portrayal is accurate. It really brought back some emotions I personally have not seen for years. My fascination is that these emotions rose within seconds of the beginning of the dance. No wonder God is a dancer. It's powerful and can evokes emotion and passion that words cannot express. Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you are fans and avid watchers of the show, but for those who are not, I've posted the clip below.

By the way, you can stop watching after the dance at about 3:10 to avoid the most annoying Mary Murphy. Why do they always have to have the token annoying judge?? She's like a fog horn in a serene meadow...sorry- tangent, on with the show.

Get the tissues...



3 comments:

Joel said...

"fog horn in a serene meadow"

hahahahahaha, I cracked up hard on that.

Rebecca said...

i posted this on my fb page right after i saw it because it had the same effect on me. tears. pain. grief. and that overwhelming desire to weep for those caught in the grasp of addiction.

mia michaels is my favorite choreographer and she gets me every time with her amazing, heart-felt movement. so, i want to know why christians aren't dancing with this same anointing and power?

i want so badly for people to know the freedom and love that only Jesus can give.

becca said...

Yes, mia is incredible! And I agree, I've yet to see that kind of passionate dancing with power and anointing in the church. sad.