Friday, August 1, 2008

Found. Done.

A sweet little nest for tiny baby birds. Found.


We had a bit of a wind storm here a few nights ago and I found this in our backyard while watering this morning. I'm surprised it survived the curiosity of our two dogs. I pray the little babies had already left the nest before the storm blew their house out of their tree.


Sweet little booties for a sweet little baby. Done.




Well I guess I don't know if the baby is sweet yet. She hasn't been born. The baby shower for said baby was last night. (And it was the biggest baby shower I've ever been to--50 people, spouses invited. That number doesn't include kids or dogs. Overwhelming really.) Thankfully I had these done the day before. The mom really liked them which always means it was worth the time and effort. And though I doubted the sex of the baby and had to confirm with a friend, I made them in the correct colors for a girl. Isn't it weird that we still have a tendency of going pink for girls and blue for boys? Why is that? Hmmmm....

1 comment:

Marnie said...

So of course I had to look you up after meeting you guys in the park. I love your blog! I just crochet some baby booties too-yours are way cuter. It looks like we may have alot in commin. It was so good to meet you guys, we'll have to get together. It is way cool to know that we have a "Cesar Millan" in town too.