Wednesday, September 24, 2008

monkeyin' around

I have finally done it folks. Crossed the line into knitted items that seem silly because they are so tedious and take so much time and you have to hand wash them and you wear them on one of the most abused areas of your body -- your feet and you have to buy special shoes to actually show off all your hard work...I have finished my first adult sized sock. Meet monkey #1:
Quite a beauty I must say myself. Except I have lost the ball band and can't remember what kind of yarn it is. And I love it. And I want more. Blast!

Here's the yarn up close though:



What a gorgeous colorway huh?! Perfect for Fall. The pattern for the sock is here from Knitty. It's called Monkey.

Now I just need to buy these cute Mary Jane shoes to show them off. Oh what we knitters do for our craft.

2 comments:

Raelynn said...

love it, love it all!

Marnie said...

Why have we not had you guys over to our house yet? Ok I am not sure which house is yours or how to contact you, other than your blog. We just got a fire pit put in and we want you guys over for hot dogs and marshmallows. And maybe you could help me with my hideous attempted leg warms. My knitting skills are still very basic. But I yearn for knitted arm and leg warmers. Little girls tights, transformed for the arms, make for a good substitute for now.