Tuesday, October 7, 2008

the cure for second sock syndrome

I have had second sock syndrome--for two long weeks, at least. My monkeys are not yet monkey"s". And I hate having WIPs looming over my head. "Beeeecaaaa...you said you would finish me. You spent money on this yarn. You spent hours and hours on Monkey number one. I'll just sit here and wait for you to pick me up again...sniff, sniff...I guess you don't really love Monkeys as much as you said you did. Might as well frog Monkey number one..." See??? Monkey number two is looming!

However, Lisa came over on Saturday with a bag full of goodies. SHOES! Oh for the love of shoes! See we wear about the same size shoe and she loves shoes, but has a tiny closet so when she gets new shoes she gives me her old shoes. Which are practically new shoes by my standards. This has been happening for years. In fact, I don't think I've bought a pair in years. Probably 75% of my shoes are from the lovely land of Lisa. When someone comments on my cute shoes I reply, "Thanks they're Lisa's." As if they are a brand name like Valentino or Louboutin.

Anyway, I pulled out the first pair and look what I saw...




Beautiful! And the best part is they are great for wearing with my new Monkeys. The longing for the Mary Janes in my last post is gone--thanks to the Lisa shoe love. I am so blessed!

By the way, the looming Monkey is not looming anymore. That's him in the picture. About 25% done. I should be wearing my monkeys by the weekend.

No comments: