Wednesday, September 2, 2009

the season is over

Me plus working 40+ hours a week does not equal a lot of blogging time. Always an excuse, I know. But seriously, how do you people with full time jobs do it? I barely have the energy to clean, keep the lawn watered, spend time with friends and oh, the laundry beast has exponentially multiplied. This past week it really hit me; followed by a dramatic melt down with tears and all. My james said he's been waiting for it to happen. He knows me so well. I think my body and emotions are finally saying, "Whoa! What happened? Why are we running around so crazy busy lately?" My hands have been longing for the needles and my feet the coolness of my craft room basement floor. I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that the treasured season of rest and discovery is over. I'll get over it. I'll find a new rhythm. I must. I know this gift of time was to prepare me for something. What that is, I have yet to find out.

OK enough with the self analyzing already!

As an outlet for some creativity and to get a head start on Christmas gifts, I've been canning. Don't ask where I have found the time and energy. I really don't know. (Actually I think I stole it from the laundry beast because there are several mounds of dirty clothes of which I just noticed are roaring loudly at me.) Anyway I was generously blessed by some friends with a box of peaches from their tree! So what did I do yesterday after a full day of work? I cranked out several jars of Ginger Peach Jam. Here's the recipe I used. And yes, it is Grand Champion caliber if you as me.

Now I'm off for an hour of taming the laundry beast, wish me luck. Then off to the busy bakery!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

You're my Hero, Becca, plain and simple. You are a universe of creativity and you have my utmost admiration :)

Love and blessings to you!

becca said...

Awww you are too kind! Love you and blessings back at ya!

Raelynn said...

did you conquer the laundry beast?

and just so you know, i completely agree with Rebecca. you amaze me all the time.

becca said...

The beast is almost conquered. I have one last large load in now. Then I'll work on the smaller loads that seemed to have spawned overnight.

Thanks Raelynn! You are beautiful and sweet! Love and blessings to you too :)