Saturday, April 17, 2010

latest sewing project

I've finished the little curtain project for our kitchen sink and also one for a counter (pictured) that has a great shelf for storage, but lends to a view of unsightly clutter. It was quite simple. No pattern. Rough measurements. A quick fix. Why didn't I do it sooner?

The ribbons were a plan B decision. Plan A was to find some sort of rings or clips (similar to shower curtain rings) because the rod the curtain attaches to does not come off (I think it's designed to hang dish towels and pots and pans from little hooks in classic IKEA style)-- making it impossible to sew a simple pocket and slide it on. Like most projects in this house, that would have been waaaay too easy (insert sarcastic "wwwffff" sound here). The ribbons are a bit more frilly than I desired, but it will do.

Oh and the fabric is IKEA and "James approved" of course.

1 comment:

Kirsten Erickson said...

Absolutely adorable!!!! I love the idea. You are amazing!