Friday, April 30, 2010

Pop Tart & maple syrup gems

Another relationship revelation...

James: "How did I marry someone who doesn't put butter on Pop Tarts?"

Me: "WHO puts butter on their Pop Tarts? Weird!" Of course I'm pouring delicious maple syrup on low fat vanilla ice cream while saying this.

James: "Well, I've NEVER met anyone who puts syrup on ice cream."

Me: "OK we're even."

I love these little moments of discovery...only to be unearthed by seemingly simple, everyday life. Gems. Valuable little gems.

2 comments:

Marnie said...

Damien was weirded out when he first saw me put butter on a pop tart. I don't do it all the time. My sisters are the only other people I had known who did this. Maybe all try the ice cream thing.

becca said...

wow! I'll have to tell james there ARE people out there who butter their pop tarts! Yes! Try maple syrup on vanilla ice cream. Let me know what ya think :)