Sunday, January 27, 2008

I am finally me.

Before I get all nostalgic about another 10 years wizzing by, I must tell you about a certain frogging incident...yes folks I had to sacrifice a WIP that I was not fond of, for its precious Noro yarn to make another Rhythm scarf. The Argosy scarf has been sitting dormate for months and I just don't like to pattern for some reason. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful pattern but I'm dying to see the colors of it in the Rhythm design.

So 30 is actually feeling great! I'm ready for another decade of who know's what! 10 years ago I was venturing into an engagement to my high school sweetheart and not knowing that I was in for rough waters and a stormy adventure of finding who I was. A job in the medical field, a trip to Ethiopia, one to the jungles of Borneo, and one to Italy, a teaching stint at a daycare, a spouse dealing with meth addiction, a battle with anxiety and depression, a divorce and then rounding the corner with finally getting to know who I really was and facing my fears, I ended my twenties married to an amazing man and realizing what marriage is SUPPOSE to be and that I'm not defined by what I do or who I'm married to.

I learned so many lessons in my 20's and realized how to love without being a doormat and that all the heartache I went through was worth it to find that I know who I am! I am me. I am loved. I am creative. I am light in the darkness. I am worthy. I am a good cook. I am not perfect and don't ever need to be. I am captivated by my creator. And he is captivated by me. I am Becca. So now I kinda wanna break out into a soulful rendition of "I AM WOMAN!"

No comments: