Saturday, January 5, 2008

It's a new year? I need a new hat then!

Yea! It's 2008! I expect good things outta this year.
  • I'll still be working part-time this year and I'm currently still loving it. Well Christmas was a bit hectic at work but I survived and made it through Christmas Eve.

  • We are tentatively planning a trip to the UK with a few days in Ireland! I'm so praying this will happen. Some good friends of mine have been begging us to visit before they move back to the states in December. Hopefully we'll make it around October or November. Oh I love international travel! I haven't been out of the country since the spring before we got married and I'm dying to get the &?%$ outta Dodge!

  • New knitting projects are on the needles! I found this great pattern for a scarf and hat at the Unraveled Sheep by a local designer. Here's the start of the scarf. Yes, it's Noro Silk Garden. The pattern calls to felt it a bit because it makes it softer yet the silk won't let it shrink too much.
    The hat is and Entrelac pattern. Gulp. I'm a bit nervous for that but I hope to tackle it soon.

  • A new year calls for a new hat! Here's my new cable & rib beanie. (Yep, if you're looking closely I AM still in my pajamas. And no, I'm not giving you the evil eye. It's just a crappy picture.) I knit it with Rustic Wool that is Superwash. I actually have a really big head and I have to keep tugging it down. I rarely wear beanies that I've made, but I really love this hat.

  • Deep breath...ready? I'll be turning the big 3-0 this year! In just a few weeks as a matter of fact. I'm sure it will be better that turning 29. That was crappy because, hey, it's your very last year in your 20's. Depressing. But it's my first year in my 30's so it will be grand. I'll MAKE it grand if I have to.

  • I've also joined Ravelry and I think I'm really liking it. If you're a member just click on my link on the sidebar. You can see details of the hat above.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Big 3-0? Yawn. I'm past the big
5-0! Now THAT'S serious! ;-p

Amazing scarf. I love, love, love it! Will be curious to see how the SG fulls.