Saturday, February 7, 2009

I've been pulled out of powder sugar heaven

In the time Aida has come to live with me, I've made:
  • cranberry oatmeal cookies

  • marshmallows

  • the best chocolate chip cookies

  • 2 lemon cakes that both fell but were divine (I think it was the recipe)

  • regular oatmeal cookies

  • bran muffins

  • shortbread cookies

  • fettuccine pasta

Most of the said items I've given away, but as always some do end up in my mouth.

This has got to stop. Aida will be taking a rest for a while.

Why, you ask? Shocked? Your shock cannot match the shock I had when I was suddenly pulled out of my powdered sugar heaven and came to a dreaded realization. Here's what happened...

Thursday night my mom called me to come down to Kohl's for the most fabulous sale. Great items. Some at 80% off. She was buying. How could I say no?

I found mounds of items that were just gorgeous! Sweaters marked down from $65 to a mere $10! Pants for $12 that I desperately need. Shirts that reminded me of my dear friend Lisa for yes, $8! With my arms full and barely making it to the dressing room without dropping anything, I quickly began to try on my amazing finds. Oh did I come off of that high quickly...Gulp. Oh the horror of trying on my usual size only to find it does not fit!! What have I done?? What will I do?? We are going to be living in swimwear for a week at Lake Powell in 3 months and I cannot bear to even think of putting on my swimming suit. I was furious and disgusted at myself! And the whole dressing room knew it! I refuse to buy a size bigger!

OK I really don't like it when people constantly complain about their weight (because it annoys me when I do it), but I had to get it out there so I can move on, hold myself accountable and get going to work this off.

So if you hear less about Aida and more about vegetarian cusine and treadmill-ing, don't worry the excitement of being a KitchenAid owner has not worn off. And Aida will still be making the oh so healthy bran muffins.

My question now is...does KitchenAid make a scale attachment? Calorie counter attachment? Or better yet an attachment that screams, "Stop!! Put that cookie down! Remember the dreadful Kohl's experience??!!"

P.S. I did end up with some much needed pants and a few tops that are pretty cute. Thanks mom!!

1 comment:

Halen said...

Kohls. It can do that to you. : )