Saturday, February 28, 2009

seeds and green observations

I've got Spring in my bones! Seriously I've never pined for Spring like this before. Which was odd because I think the Winter last year was quite a bit harder. Anyway, my wonderful james and I spent some time this morning planning out our garden. We are going to try the square foot gardening method this year. I saw the creator of this method on t.v. when we first moved to our house and have been wanting to try it ever since. You can read more about it here. I've done some research on what to plant when and bought some seeds for the first cold crop. Now let's see how my seeding skills are. I'll be starting peas, spinach, onions and asparagus indoors within the next couple of weeks.

Here's the current knitting project! I'm super excited about it because it's a gift for a dear friend. Can't show too much or give too much info because I want it to be a surprise but here's a little peek.


If you are truly a fan, you'll notice that it is green and that I for some reason favor green yarn. If you didn't notice don't worry you're still a fan because I didn't really notice either. Verla at the Unraveled Sheep pointed out that I seem to favor the greens. She's right. I do love green. I wouldn't say it's my favorite color, but I really can't stay away from it.

And here's my current delight. Along with some other fun goodies, L n L brought this back from London for me.

The mug is handmade. Lance picked it out at a cute, little pottery shop in London. Nice eh? My new fave for tea. They brought James a beer, a beer glass and some neat beer coasters. They just know us all too well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for Spring either. It's much different than last year... it's a very intense desire like lusting for it. And Winter tends to be my favorite season.

Probably some spiritual significance in there somewhere.

I don't know what to say about the yarn and knitting stuff, but I like the mug!

Marnie said...

OK, so you can be jealous for my early srping here in Austin. But a real garden! You have me beat there. I am going to miss my gardens.

Kirsten Erickson said...

You are so gonna have to tell us what it is you're knitting! I'm dying of curiosity.

Joel said...

That picture on the tea... that totally looks like the dude from V for Vendetta!

http://www.dullneon.com/_psychosis-arcs/images/hugo-weaving-V-for-Vendetta.jpg