Saturday, March 21, 2009

gasping at the grocery store

I have to share about these ginormous peppers. I was in my local grocery store yesterday and found these two lovely ladies! The produce guy was unloading some veggies next to me when I gasped and practically yelled the following... "Oh my goodness! These are the biggest peppers I ever seen outside of the state fair! Seriously! They are bigger than my hand! Look! I can't believe it. Have you seen these? They're HUGE!! I'm buying two just to show my husband!" I could tell he was trying to hold back from laughing at me, not to mention the 3 or 4 other shoppers standing around me. Then I realized they were a mere .89 cents each and let out another gasp. Crazy! I have chose not to believe that they use extra amounts of growth hormones to get them this big. I choose to believe the farmer was highly blessed. The pictures really don't do them justice. I was so excited I don't even know if I grabbed the biggest of the lot. Anyway, I placed a dime next to them so you have some reference to how big they really are.


Oh yes, and my james was more entertained by my retelling of the story that the enormity of the peppers. He said, "You are so like your mother."

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

well, then, your mother must be utterly delightful!

congrats on the giant peppers....

Anonymous said...

Those are some mighty peppers!