Wednesday, December 24, 2008

i heart E.B.

Dear Electric Blanket,

Where have you been all my life? All the years I have painfully suffering the first hour or so of bedtime under icy sheet were so regrettable. And even though I adopted you from my late grandma and you are well used and only a lap blanket, to have you warm my cold joints in a heat-register-less bedroom is simply divine.

My husband is very grateful as well. He no longer suffers from my frosty hands and feet migrating to his side of the bed--all thanks to you.

I hear your cousin, the heated mattress pad, is doing very well these days. Especially at my aunts house in Squirrel Idaho.

Who knows, maybe someday we'll adopt a queen sized electric blanket so you can have a friend to hang out with when were not home.

Thank you again for all your time and energy spent with me. I do hope we have many more toasty years together. Oh and please let me know if ever your wiring is getting worn or broken down, I do worry about you and I waking up in a fiery melty mess together.

With much love and adoration,

Becca (formerly one who loathed going to bed under icy sheets)

P.S. Are you available for camping trips?

3 comments:

Marnie said...

I love my bed sized elictric blanket! Damien got it for me one year for Christmas. Just turn it on a half hour before bed-it's perfect.

Raelynn said...

oh my Becca!! Your letter to your electric blanket has just made my heart smile.

I'm glad you are toasty and warm on these chilly nights.

Love.

Raelynn said...

oh my Becca!! Your letter to your electric blanket has just made my heart smile.

I'm glad you are toasty and warm on these chilly nights.

Love.