Saturday, May 2, 2009

local crafting goodness -- finally!


Yesterday my mom and I made a trip south to Provo to attend the Beehive Bazaar. It was fabulous! Though quite small, it was worth the gas money to get there. Finally a Renegade-ish craft shows in this state! And to my delight I picked up a flier that was advertising what seems like a similar show happening in SLC in August. It's called Craft Lake City. I am super WAY excited for that! I'll start saving my pennies now.

Back to the bazaar...I bought 2 things. Of course both bird themed:


The print is called "nestled" by Tanya Newbery of Gumball Grenade. I couldn't resist it because it reminds me of the warm, safe place under God's wing. The other purchase is a paper mache sculpture by Colett Yarro. I am really wishing I would have got the blue one instead of the green. There I go with differing to green again. You would think that my whole house was decorating in green birds. (it's not!) I think I will be banning myself from buying anything green or bird themed for a while.

Many thanks go to Halen for promoting the event :)

No comments: