Thursday, May 21, 2009

tagged

I was tagged by Halen

What's your current obsession? Square foot gardening and trying not to obsess over calories yet still keep them in mind.

What's your weirdest obsession? I hoard quarters. I don't know why, but every time james empties his pockets of change he comes up missing quarters. I think it came from when I was a kid and my dad kept this huge change jar under his desk and every so often we'd get to sneak some change--of course, always going for the quarters.

What are you wearing today? green shirt with white polka dots, jeans, and flippity flops

Why is today special? Everyday has something special in it--I'm waiting to see what that is for today...

What would you like to learn to do? Yodel --I hear in runs in my mom's side of the family.

What's for dinner today? Hmmm...hadn't really thought about it, but most likely grilled chicken and veggies. Boring, I know.

What's the last thing you bought? Fish food & algae blocker for the pond, 2 red geraniums, and some other annuals I can't remember the names of - we had a gift certificate to Glover Nursery originally purchased at half price (It was $50 we paid $25) for Mel's Mix for my square foot garden. But they were out and informed me they will no longer be carrying it, thus the above purchases. Just in case you were wondering.

What's your favorite weather? Though I've certainly been craving the sun, I think rain is still my fave.

What's your most challenging goal right now? Debt reduction - thousands down, yea!-- much more to go, boo... and weight loss - 18 lbs down yea!-- much more to go, boo.

What do you think about the person who tagged you? She is quite a delight and watching her grow as a gardener/chef/wife/crafter/homeowner/etc. has been inspiring! I've know her for gosh...like 15 years or so and am fascinated with how much she loves people and large gatherings-- at a capacity I fall far short of.

What hobbies do you enjoy? Knitting, sewing, cooking, gardening, shrinky-dinking, learning guitar, soap making, painting...way too many if you ask james.

Favorite vacation spot? Anywhere with my dear husband away from the cares of daily life.

What would you like to have in your hands right now? Statements from our bank with big fat 0's in the "amount due" column on our car loan and credit card.

What would you like to get rid of? Allergies to fur

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? To England to see Rolf and Nicole and to give Sophie a big squeeze.

What's your favorite thing about the city you live in? The quiet of the night and the big trees.

If you had $150 now what would you spend it on? Hmmm good question because I tend to spend my money on several little things instead of one large thing, but I guess that's ok cuz that wasn't really the question...oohhh I got it! A canopy for our back yard for instant shade! There is absolutely no shade back there.

Do you admire anyone's style? My friend Lisa has amazing style, both in clothing, decorating and gift giving. She's so fashionable and can get away with dressing in the trendy look without looking like she's trying to be a teenager again. Oh and I admire my friend Summer's style. It reflects who she is.

Describe your personal style. Hmmm these past few years I admit I'm rather frumpy. I'm just not wanting to invest in clothing or things for the house. Because of lack of fund-age and well again, it's a weight issue I guess. But if I had the money and the body I think I would dress and decorate more Bohemian-ish. I certainly don't dress everyday or decorate in the style that truly reflects me, but I've come to terms with it.

Who is someone your heart is missing right now? My grandpa Neu. I wish James could have met him.

What are three live shows that you have seen? Cirque du Soleil (a life-long dream fulfilled by my father-in-law), MC Hammer (with Nicole and my dad!), and Martin Sexton (with my james).

Now the rules of this tag:

1. Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention.

2. Tag 7 other people you would love to learn more about. Here's mine:

Jamie

Marnie

Kirsti

Rebecca

Joel

Nissa


No comments: