Tuesday, January 13, 2009

a good song i don't mind being stuck in my head

This song has been residing in my being since we sang it at church on Sunday...


"Give me your hand and we'll walk, walk down together.

Lift up your hands and we'll sing, sing here together.


How good it is to know you God, how lovely is your Bride.

How blessed we are to have each other.

You hold us all close by your side.


Come with me now and we'll dance, dance here together.

Lift up your heart and we'll dream, dream here together.


There's none too poor, too dirty, too broken, too naked,

too stupid, too drunken, to be thrown outside His love."


I just can't get it out of my head and I love it! It's by Aaron Strumpel written from the Psalm 133 & 134. I love the last two lines when everyone is singin' it at the top of their lungs. Just beautiful. Thanks Halen for initiating it :)

5 comments:

Raelynn said...

that's a FABULOUS song. we actually sang it during worship last Sunday. and it is always stuck in my head, too.

Rebecca said...

just one more way that boulder and sandy have been linked together and are richly blessed. i am SUCH a proud woman!

do you have the CD aaron's song is off of?

becca said...

Nope I haven't got it yet but plan to! I was listening to it a bit on his website today.

Rebecca said...

i love the song, 'barely know you'. it's as corny as heck but i totally love it. have you listened to karla adolphe's music? she's awesome!

becca said...

I'll have to check Karla out. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm always looking for new music!