Monday, January 19, 2009

on the needles

It's been forever since I've been bloggy about fiber. If you've been wondering, yes indeed I have been knitting. Current projects:


1. A pencil case for HELPSudan. (still need to add the drawstring closure)




Which inspired the following conversation, last night...


James: Whatcha knitting now?

Me: A pencil case.

James: For?

Me: Sudan.

(Insert brief pause.)


James: Like Africa Sudan?

Me: Yup.

James: Oh.

(Insert brief pause.)


James: What's for dinner?

As you can see, he's curiosity only goes so far when it comes to my knitting.


Anyway, I've decided to use a different pattern than the one I originally thought I was going to use. The original one calls for 2 circular needles and I didn't want to have to go buy them. So, I'm using Pencil Case for Darfur by Kieran Foley. I think it's only available via Ravelry. If you're a member click here for the pattern.


2. More monkeys!

I'm using Koigu superwash wool. Superwash is wonderful. It still holds the warmth of wool but you can actually wash it in the machine. (on the gentle setting of course). I believe they treat the wool with chemicals for it to have this great quality. Although I'm not entirely sure and don't want to do the research because I'm willing to bet I'll discover it's harmful for the environment and guilty knitting is just not something I want to deal with. Being an SUV owner and all.

1 comment:

Raelynn said...

love the pencil case.
really love the conversation between you and james.
love the superwash wool for the monkeys.

okay i just love it all.