Friday, January 30, 2009

marshmallow update and more

I know some of you have been wondering..."Where are the pictures of the new room?" and "Is james really starting school this month?" or "Has becca seen any new birds lately?" and "Did she dare try the marshmallows yet with her fancy machine?" OK maybe not all of you have been clamoring for this info but the questions have been asked.


New room status: still in progress. The floors and walls are done and are beautiful. Stuff is moved in. Unfortunately due to the enormity of my art and crafting supplies the beauty is hard to see. So until I get some shelves hung I don't think pictures are worth it. Good news though--my james will be hanging them this weekend. He's such a super guy.


Speaking of my wonderful james, he starts school Monday. Due to the economic situation around here and our goal to be debt free, we were debating whether he should start now or wait another year. But he really needs a new challenge and we will make it work.


No new bird sightings. Although the eagle and hawk were spotted again this week. Oh wait, I did get a beautiful watercolor painting of a blue bird sitting in his nest from our friend Lance. It's now hanging in my office at work. It's cute because the bird looks a bit grumpy and you don't often see that portrayed in pictures of fat, little birds.

And last but not least...I give you the glorious MARSHMALLOWS!




Yes I did it! Cross it off the list! They were divine! It took two attempts and two recipes to get it right, but I have conquered! I had a few taste testers (kids and adults) and they all agreed --way better than store bought. The request for the recipe was confirmation. I would now like to experiment with color and flavor. Can you imagine deep pink ones flavored with a bit of cinnamon and cut out in heart shapes for Valentine's Day?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

nice work on the marshmallows. vivien rolls hers in toasted coconut and they are delicious! we're still hoping to have a marshmallow fest with you one day!

becca said...

Hey thanks! Hmm toasted coconut...I shall have to try this. A marshmallow fest would be awesome!

Nicole said...

I want to try some marshmallows! Send some with Lisa! :)