Wednesday, January 14, 2009

marshmallow dreams do come true

Aaahh I'm ecstatic! I feel so favored and delighted and sheepish all at the same time! Two posts back in my "hopes for 2009" I briefly mentioned my lofty desire to master the art of marshmallow making but that I don't have the right equipment to even attempt it. I have had my eyes on a Kitchenaid mixer for years, since the days of my cake decorating classes. I hoped that someday one would appear on my front porch. Stranger things have happened to me. Well a dear friend and fellow blogger, Rebecca, sent me a little email last week saying she was SENDING ME ONE, just to bless me! I actually stood up in my office at work and said out loud, "Nooo waaaayy..." Then read the email a second time and had to sit down. Then did a little dance in my chair. Then was so excited I had a hard time focusing for the rest of the day. Seriously! How awesome is that?? I mean really??

Well the gift arrived yesterday. On my front porch none the less.

I'm pleased to introduce to you the new addition to our humble abode. Meet Aida. (Yes, it's a girl.)


A beauty isn't she?? I'm thinking I shall do a once a week post about my adventures with Aida.

I really still can't believe it. Rebecca you are truly generous. And I'm overwhelmingly thankful.

8 comments:

Raelynn said...

Awesome!!
I'm so excited for you. And I can't wait to see all your adventures with Aida.

Rebecca said...

these are very tough days and i'm asking the Lord for miracles in our own life and thought, hey, why not sow a a teeny-tiny mini-miracle into someone's life for starters?

thanks for the smile today, becca. i didn't realize my secret would appear in the blogosphere but it's a hoot to read how excited you are. happy marshmallow-ing with Aida!

your Father loves you and so do I :)

becca said...

Well of course I'd blog about it silly! How could I not! I just made some oatmeal cranberry cookies. Aida is such a classy workhorse. I'm indeed impressed and blessed.
I'll be praying for the blessing to come back to you ten-fold :) -- in unexpected, creative, big-God ways.
"Oh how He loves us so, Oh how He loves..."

Rebecca said...

hey, i love that song!

when vivien got her kitchenaid stand mixer, she was set free. i used to have to make her pavs with her because there was so much to do all at once but now she has hands to do what's needed on her own. it really is a good feature for the bakers among us. (i, of course, am not a baker so i get to benefit from you guys!)

thanks for the creative blessing. i receive that with a grateful heart.

Halen said...

Oh you lucky lucky girl. I'm thinking 'how lovely is Your bride, how blessed we are to have each other..."

Rebecca - you are way cool.
Becca- you are way cool.
Aida- you are way cool.

becca said...

Rebecca - what are pavs?

Halen - you are way cool :) I'll have to try your banana bread recipe now.

Rebecca said...

halen, you are the coolest of the cool and everybody knows it ;)

becca, a pav is a new zealand dessert creation that is amazing! there is nothing like it in our culture so you'll just have to try it when we go there next time. it's vivien's specialty and we take pav-making very seriously in our house. our kids never had birthday cakes, they had PAVS!

Raelynn said...

i had a pav, or pavalova, for my last birthday.
it was yummy!!!! i loved it.