Monday, November 24, 2008

happy little chair

Despite the emotional roller coaster of a week we had last week (some friends got married, a friend unexpectedly passed away, my james made the decision to go back to school, and other issues to process through), this gift from my mom gave me a happy little moment.



I've been wanting to find a chair for our chair-less and (table-less for that matter) kitchen because sometimes when I'm baking or looking at recipes I want to sit down but there is no where to sit and our counters are too high and crowded to do the ol' hoist-ye-backside-upon-the-counter bit. So when my mom said she had a chair for me it was a happy little moment.

It was my grandparents so it's kinda special. Mom painted it a lovely green that goes great in our thrown together kitchen. Even though I've been in the purging-unnecessary-items mood, I could not resist this little seat of joy. Moms are the best!

1 comment:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

That is one of my favorite colors on old wooden chairs.... enjoy!