Tuesday, November 4, 2008

more knitting and some shrinking...oh, and GO VOTE!

I've started a new knitting project! Yes, because I can't have just one or even three projects going on at the same time. I'm working on a chevron scarf from the Last Minute Knitted Gifts book. The author also wrote Last Minuted Quilted and Patchwork Gifts as well. I really like both of these books and have done a few projects from each. I've been seeing the chevron scarf all over Ravelry and have been dying to make one myself.

I also started on a basic knit scarf with some yarn a friend brought back from Argentina for me. (OK that's two knitting projects, give me a break.) Though incredibly beautiful, it's sort of a hard yarn to work with and I can't really think of anything else to make with it. I'm pretty sure it's cotton.



Remember shrinky dinks? Those plastic figures that you color and then put in the oven and they shrink and get super hard? Well, I've been seeing all over Etsy and other crafting sights the use of shrinky dink material for jewelry and other fun stuff. So I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and actually found blank sheets of shrinky dink plastic! I whipped up a few necklace pendants and a zipper pull last night. I think I was more excited as an adult to see my creations wrinkle and shrink in the oven, than I was when I was a kid! It was quite fun. I think these shall be Christmas gifts for my gal friends.


I am so glad daylight saving is over! It will be wonderful to have the sun coming up an hour earlier. Maybe I won't despise my early bird-ness if the sun is up with me now.

Don't forget to vote today! How could you forget really though? If you live under a rock I suppose. I early voted and hopefully by tomorrow, no matter who wins, the bickering and candidate bashing will be over...hopefully...I'm just so sick of it. I'll leave it at that...

(Picts of scarves and shrinky dinks coming soon! I'm waiting for some good morning lighting, but it looks like it's going to be a rainy or even snowy day.)


2 comments:

Raelynn said...

i love the shrinky dinks!! beautiful!!

Marnie said...

These turned out great! I forgot about shrinky dinks. Hmm... now you've got me thinking.